Job Shadows are a great way to gain information about a specific career or field. Students at CIHS are able to explore jobs they find interesting before they commit to a program of study or apply for a job.
Juniors and Seniors are able to use two (2) school-excused job shadow days per year to investigate their career paths. Sophomores are able to do one (1) job shadow, provided they have a teacher’s recommendation. Freshmen do not typically do job shadows unless they have prior approval from a parent/guardian, a teacher recommendation, and they submit a one (1) page essay to their Career Advisor explaining why they want to do a job shadow.
The process for setting up a job shadow is as follows:
1) Pick up a job shadow request form from the Self-Serve bin in the Career Center
2) Fill out the form as completely as possible. If you have someone in mind
you’d like to shadow, write in that person’s contact information
3) Submit the form to your Career Advisor
4) You will be contacted when your job shadow has been set up. At that time, you will receive a packet of information along with a permission form
5) Go to your job shadow and learn LOTS! Don’t forget to get your permission form signed by the job supervisor
6) Turn in your slip to your Career Advisor. Job well done!
Job Shadow Dress Policy
List of Suggested Questions
Job Shadow Request Form
Job Shadow Request Form.pdf