Concurrent Enrollment

Meet Your Advisors

Staci Kuhnke (A-K)

Thia Kampa (L-Z)
Important Info by Grade Level




Career Center Links

College Applications

College Credit

College Visits

College Visits at the High School

Entrance Exams

Financial Aid

General College Information

Job Shadow


Senior Exit Interviews

Transcript Request

College Visit Permission Form

Letter of Recommendation Form
Helpful Links


There are many ways you can receive college credit during high school which include:  College in the School, Tech Prep, Advanced Placement or Post Secondary Enrollment Options. These courses will be listed on the CIHS transcript. Tech Prep college credits will be verified in a certificate that is given out by the teacher or sent to the student’s home. The certificate may be accepted at colleges other than those listed. Students receiving College in the School or PSEO college credit must send transcripts from the college they have received credit, to the college they plan to attend. Some colleges will charge to send your transcripts, unless you are sending a MnSCU transcript to another MnSCU institution, then it is free of charge. Check with your college to find out proper procedure.  

Complete list of college courses offered at CIHS:  CIHS College Equivalent Classes 2014-2015.xlsx

Academic Options Benefiting College Enrollment                  

Tech Prep- Tech Prep courses are taught at Cambridge-Isanti High School and offer students high school credit as well as college credit. Students are expected to perform at the college level. Students will receive a Tech Prep Certificate of Credit if they meet the requirements. The Tech Prep Certificate may be submitted to a college at the time of registration to receive college credit. College acceptance of credits is subject to change due to revisions in college courses and other circumstances. For current information go to:   

CIHS has Agreements with the following Community Colleges: Anoka-Ramsey and North Hennepin and with the following Technical Colleges: Anoka, Pine, St. Cloud and Hennepin. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities are accepting some Tech Prep credits check with the college admission counselor.

College in the School- CIHS offers college level courses which allow students to receive high school and college credits simultaneously. Beginning in their junior year, students may take College Algebra, College Biology, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College German 4/5, College Geography, College Economics, College Public Speaking, College Psychology, College Sociology, College Reading and Writing, and College Statistics. These classes are taught by teachers who have at least a Master’s degree and have the advantage (unlike PSEO courses) of being taught on-site. Because these credits are offered through the Anoka Ramsey Community College, Bethel University, Pine Technical College, St. Cloud State University, and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, other colleges may accept or deny these transfer credits. It is important for students to contact the registrar of the college in order to have official transcripts sent to the college of their choice. Contact the Counseling/Career Center for more information.

Advanced Placement Courses- Advanced Placement is an internationally recognized program whereby students take classes that provide excellent preparation for the rigors of college. Students that pass the final test with a grade of “3” or higher may receive college credit for that class. Each college determines the passing score they will accept. Contact the specific college for further information on transferring A.P. credits. Many times one advanced placement class taken in high school will allow a student to opt out of at least one college class and possibly more than one. For example, if English Literature is passed with a grade 3 or higher, the University of Minnesota will allow a student to opt out of Freshman Composition, as well as English Literature and receive 7 semester credits.

Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)-Beginning in the junior year, a student may opt to attend any college, either full-time or part-time, to which he/she has been accepted. Juniors must rank in the top third of their class; seniors must rank in the top half of their class. Some technical colleges require a 2.0 cumulative GPA for admission. State funding covers the cost of tuition, fees and required books for eligible courses. It is the student’s responsibility to check on the transfer of credits to a different college. Also, transportation must be provided by the student. More information and guideline sheets are available in the Counseling/Career Center. It is important for students to contact the registrar of the college in order to have official transcripts sent to the college they will be attending.

Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-, 11th- and 12th-grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. Eleventh and 12th-grade students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one career/technical PSEO course. If they earn at least a grade C in that class, they may take additional PSEO courses.~
There is no charge to PSEO students for tuition, books or fees for items that are required to participate in a course. Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09. Transportation must be provided by the student. However, funds are available to help pay transportation expenses for qualifying students to participate in PSEO courses on college campuses. Students must notify their school by May 30 if they want to participate in PSEO for the following school year. For current information about the PSEO program,~visit the Minnesota Department of Education’s Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) webpage.

 Last Modified: 20 January,2016