Flu Information & Resources
The staff of Cambridge-Isanti Public Schools will emphasize those practices recommended by Isanti County Public Health, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control, including an emphasis on hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and urging students not to share personal items.
PLEASE NOTE: The decision to dismiss students in the event of a large-scale flu outbreak will be made by Cambridge-Isanti Public Schools administrators in consultation with officials from the Minnesota Department of Health and Isanti County Public Health. Our aim is to balance the goal of reducing the number of people who become seriously ill from the influenza with the goal of minimizing the educational and academic disruption and safety risks to children.
Actions Steps for Parents & Families
The Centers for Disease Control recommends the following “Good Health Habits” that will help stop the spread of germs at home, work, and school:
- Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Clean your hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.